CBC Happenings

What's happening at Collinsville Baptist Church and in our community.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Tonya Is Sick

As many of you know, Tonya has been sick at her stomach since her last hospital stay 5 weeks ago. Just before her picc line was pulled the doctor ordered blood and urine tests to make sure everything was clear. Both tests returned normal so the line came out. Since that time, Tonya has continued to be very sick at her stomach. I have been after her for two weeks to call the doc and get another culture set up. Finally, after much nagging (from me for a change), she called the doc and a urine culture was repeated Thursday of last week. The doctor himself called me this afternoon (Tuesday) and said, Tonya's culture was showing positive for Enterococcus again. The only thing is, this time he said the bacteria is only sensitive to Vancomycin. This particular antibiotic does not come in pill form, only I.V. so, it appears Tonya will be spending her New year in the hospital receiving I.V. antibiotics yet again. I certainly hope the saying about what you do on New Year's Day you will be doing the rest of the year isn't true. I will keep you all updated as much as I can. If you are my friend on facebook check there as well.

I am very worried that since this time the bacteria is only killed by one specific antibiotic that in the near future if these infections continue she may develop one that can't be treated with modern medicine. Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter