CBC Happenings

What's happening at Collinsville Baptist Church and in our community.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Tonya Update

Hello again,
Last week we thought Tonya was going to get a pic line. However, they decided against it because they didn't want her to get another infection so they managed to get an IV in her left EJ. For those of you who are not medically knowledgeable that is an IV in the neck (External Juglar). It got infected and that line was pulled and a central line started.

After the infection control doc checked the IV site he determined it was infected and felt a lump where the catherter had been so he ordered an ultra sound of Tonya's neck. He then said he wanted a surgeon to come and check on the site to see if the lump needed to be removed by surgery. Luckily the surgeon said keep warm compresses on it and it should go away in a few days. Whew!!! One bullet dodged.

Tonya's temp is still running about 99.7 at night and her primary care doc said this morning, "I still see you have a low grade fever". I suppose this means she will have to stay a couple more days. She said she is going to ask the infection control doc in the morning if she can go home on home health since her temp is down. Her primary care doc said when she goes home is up to the infection control doc so maybe he will give us the green light tomorrow. If not maybe by Friday. She said she does not want to lay there another weekend and not get anything done for her. She also has to be at the pain clinic Tuesday at 3:15.

Of course my vacation ends Sunday night and I have to go back to work Monday and Tuesday. Anyone want to go to Huntsville Tuesday? LOL.

Hopefully when you hear from me tomorrow I can tell you we are home. I hope.

I know God has a plan for all this crap and I wish He would reveal it to me so all this will be over. Come on God, since I don't take subtle hints, hit me over the head and show me what's up.

Until tomorrow,
Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Counter